Clinics & Services
Chronic Disease management
We offer regular reviews for all chronic health problems. They include the following:
- Asthma and chronic lung disease clinics
- Diabetes clinics
- Heart disease clinics
- Annual epilepsy/depression/dementia/mental health reviews
Clinics for women
Women’s health issues like cervical screening tests, breast examinations, menstrual irregularities, hormone replacement therapy and menopausal problems can be dealt with at the surgeries.
Contraception & Sexual Health
The full range of contraceptive methods is available including barrier, pills, injections, subcutaneous implants, coils and the IUS.
Confidential chlamydia screening is also available.
Antenatal / Baby Clinics
- Antenatal midwife led clinic Thursday mornings at Croft House and Tuesday mornings at Marsden
Including joint injection, removal of lumps, lesions, in-growing nails, cysts and moles. You need to see a doctor first to ensure the procedure can be carried out at the surgery.
Vaccinations / Immunisations
- Routine baby and children's vaccinations, flu immunisation and vaccination against pneumococcal infection to name but a few
- Specific flu clinics are held in September/October each year
Smoking Cessation / Obesity Clinic
- Smoking cessation - we have clinicians trained on all aspects of smoking cessation
- Obesity management - need help with losing weight? Book with our nursing team.
District Nursing Team
The District Nurses see patients in their own home or in Clinics/Health Centres. They work closely with other professionals in order to meet an individual's health needs.
District Nurses work with people of all ages to improve or maintain their health and to provide skilled nursing care to those who are ill or are recovering from an illness.
The Chiropodist sees patients on Tuesdays at Marsden surgery.
Drug Abuse and Alcohol Counsellor
These clinics take place at Marsden surgery.
Blood tests can be taken every morning at the surgeries